i.roc Ci70-Ex Mobile Computer
Based on the successful 70 Series mobile computer family, the Ci70 combines global certifications for hazardous environments with today’s cutting-edge technologies.
- Global approvals for explosive environments—ATEX through IECEx to NEC
- Available high performance 2D near/far scanning technology—a first for intrinsically safe mobile computers
- Comprehensive wireless network coverage—WWAN or WLAN and Bluetooth 2.1 for rapid data exchange
- Available RFID reading capability supporting a wide range of frequencies—LF, HF, or UHF
- As with devices based on the 70 Series platform, the Ci70 offers a high level of compatibility with Intermec Developer Library software applications and tools
Traditionally, mobile computers for use in hazardous environments have been hamstrung with outdated technology and limited configuration options, requiring users to make significant tradeoffs. But Intermec and ecom® have combined their expertise to create a new paradigm in intrinsically safe mobile computing that doesn’t require compromises: the Ci70.
Featuring the highest number of global approvals for hazardous environments, the Ci70 is the best choice for workers in the chemical, oil and gas, and pharmaceutical industries. It meets or exceeds stringent requirements for gases, vapors and liquids, dusts, and fibers.
The Ci70 includes many breakthrough advances now available in an intrinsically safe mobile computer for the first time. Complete wireless networking capabilities— from WWAN to WLAN and Bluetooth 2.1—help ensure rapid data exchange, even where reception conditions prove challenging. Available near/far imaging technology now allows operators in hazardous environments to scan bar codes from near contact to over 50 feet away. Even radio frequency detection (RFID) capability can be added via a head module.
Because Ci70 is built on the 70 Series architecture, it is fully compatible with relevant development tools and applications in the Intermec Developer Library, and even includes many of the same design elements. Those accustomed to Intermec mobile computers will find the Ci70’s laseretched keypad to be instantly familiar. The Ci70 is also compatible with FlexDock, Intermec’s modular charging system, by means of a field-replaceable cup.
When the reliability, efficiency and accuracy of your operations are the foundation to your competitive advantage, there is no room for compromise. With the Ci70 and full family of 70 Series mobile computers, you have the unsurpassed performance and reliability to run your operations with confidence.